A team consists of 5 or 6 players. Please remember that per the rules, there are no re-entries, even if you are playing with 5 players versus 6 players.
You are guaranteed a minimum of 3 matches. Whichever team wins 2/3 matches played is declared the winner.
Any child is eligible, not just Menomonee Falls residents
1. TEAM: Maximum six, minimum five players per team.
2. OPENING RUSH: Game begins by placing six dodgeballs along the center line – three (3) on one side of the center hash and three (3) on the other. Players then take a position touching their back wall. FOLLOWING A SIGNAL BY THE CENTER OFFICIAL, teams may approach the centerline to retrieve the balls. This signal officially starts the game. Teams may retrieve as many balls as possible. ONCE A BALL IS RETRIEVED IT MUST BE TAKEN TO BACK WALL BEFORE IT CAN BE LEGALLY THROWN.
3. BOUNDRIES: During play, all players must remain within the boundary lines. TO RETRIEVE STRAY BALLS, PLAYERS MUST LEAVE AND RETURN ONLY THROUGH THEIR BACK END-LINE OPENING. Any balls outside the boundary lines may be retrieved by either team.
4. GAME: The object of the game is to eliminate all opposing players by getting them "OUT". Once your out you cannot come back in. How to get a player out:
A. HITTING AN OPPOSING PLAYER WITH A LIVE THROWN BALL OR
B. CATCHING A LIVE BALL THROWN BY YOUR OPPONENT BEFORE IT TOUCHES THE FLOOR
C. IF A BALL IS BOBBLED OR TIPPED BY A PLAYER AND THAT PLAYER CATCHES THE BALL WITHOUT THE BALL HITTING ANYTHING ELSE, THE PERSON THROWING THE BALL IS OUT
IMPORTANT: a LIVE BALL is a ball that has been thrown and has not touched another ball, another player, official or other item outside of the playing field (wall, ceiling, etc). Once it touches any of these things, it’s considered a DEAD BALL.
5. WINNING A GAME/MATCH: The first team to eliminate all opposing players will be declared the winner for that game. A two minute time limit has been established for the first two games. If neither team has been eliminated AT THE END OF THE TWO MINUTES, THE TEAM WITH THE GREATER NUMBER OF PLAYERS REMAINING WILL BE DECLARED THE WINNER. IF EACH TEAM WINS ONE GAME, THE THIRD GAME WITH A 90 SECOND TIME LIMIT WILL BE PLAYED to determine the match winner for subsequent rounds.
6. OVERTIME: Both teams will have ALL PLAYERS START IN OVERTIME. The team with the first person eliminated will lose and the other team is declared the winner.
A. In order to reduce stalling, a team will lose a player if a team in the lead controls all six (6) balls on their side of the court for more than 10 seconds. This also applies to tie teams.
B. A player will be eliminated if they throw a ball with either foot touching their own boundaries or if either foot is touching any boundary line to avoid being hit.